Job Title: Junior Technical Recoveries Paralegal
Status: Permanent / Full time
Client: Law firm (Debt Litigation)
Location: Leeds City Centre
An excellent opportunity to work in a technical recoveries team based within a debt litigation department.
The technical recoveries team deal with technically complex files and defended proceedings referred from the other teams within the recoveries department.
The role involves working mainly commercial / business debt with some consumer debts.
The types of debts include utility, motor and mortgage shortfall.
This role offers excellent scope for progression and is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate looking to begin a long term career in Legal Recoveries.
- Assisting in the management of a defended litigated caseload, ensuring that all files are kept up to date and that any potential issues are highlighted to your line manager/a senior team member.
- Undertaking tasks as delegated to you in a time and cost effective manner, adhering to deadlines where provided.
- Management of administrative processes for the wider technical team.
- Taking initiative in dealing with minor issues, escalating more technically complex matters as appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communication to clients and debtors, via telephone, email and post.
- Routine filing of hard copy documentation.
- Opening files electronically.
- Data cleansing and resulting updates of the case management system
- Helping to sort the storage system and ongoing maintenance of the same.
- Preparation of post both external and internal.
- Initiation of conflict checks and general office duties as required including photocopying.
Experience / Skills:
- Debt collection and / or insurance claim handling and / or credit control experience.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner.
- Basic to intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes, internet research.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
- Previous experience in an administrative role would be an advantage but is not essential.
The above lists are non-exhaustive and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you would like to be considered for this position then please email your CV to Yasmin in the first instance.
Telephone: 07980298786 Email: Yasmin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 14 days then your application has been unsuccessful.