Job Title: Technical Recoveries Paralegal
Status: Permanent / Full time
Client: Law firm (Debt Litigation)
Location: Leeds City Centre
An excellent opportunity to work in a technical recoveries team based within a debt litigation department.
The technical recoveries team deal with technically complex files and defended proceedings referred from the other teams within the recoveries department.
The role involves working mainly commercial / business debt with some consumer debts.
The types of debts include utility, motor and mortgage shortfall.
This role offers excellent scope for progression and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to develop their career with a fast growing and innovative Firm.
Main Function of Job:
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
- Managing a varied caseload of contentious debt recovery cases, ensuring all files are up to date.
- Progressing all cases in line with practice group / client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required.
- Working pro-actively to provide advice tailored to client needs.
- Raising case or client issues with line manager / senior team members as appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing communications with clients, debtors and third parties, via telephone, email and post.
- Utilising negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle / assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client whilst further developing technical legal knowledge.
- Driving sector specific business development relationships and actively assisting in the management of relationships with new and existing clients.
- Supporting the ongoing development of junior paralegals & administrative assistants within the practice area, delegating tasks where appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience (essential unless otherwise stated):
- Substantial litigated debt recovery/dispute resolution experience. Competent in dealing with defended small and fast-track claims from receipt of defence to trial.
- Able to identify and quickly dispose of defended matters that are suitable for disposal by way of an application for summary judgment/strike out.
- Capable of dealing with applications to set aside judgments and statutory demands.
- Able to conduct effective legal research.
- Strong IT and keyboard skills with experience of MI reporting and knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Excellent communication skills including a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English, including a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
- Previous experience with Liberate case management system an advantage.
The above lists are non-exhaustive and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
If you would like to be considered for this position then please email your CV to Yasmin in the first instance.
Telephone: 07980298786 Email: Yasmin.email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 14 days then your application has been unsuccessful.